Guidelines have been issued under section 100A(1) of the Assisted Reproductive Treatment Act 2008 by the Secretary to the Department of Health and Human Services. The guidelines relate to the performance of functions and the exercise of powers of VARTA in managing the donor conception registers (Central Register and Voluntary Register), and in undertaking enquiries to assist linking parties (including requesting information and records and conducting searches).
More particularly, the guidelines cover the following matters:
- Part 1-requests for additional information in order to identify a pre-1998 donor
- Part 2-requests for records relating to pre-1988 donor treatment procedures
- Part 3-request to pre-1998 donor, or blood relative of a pre-1998 donor, to consent to undergo genetic testing
- Part 4-searching under the Act
- Part 5-establishing a link
- Part 6-identifying and non-identifying information